Followers

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

GET BACK JACK! : 04 27 2022


      This is not the 1st car jack I've 'run' across.  Recently, on one of the longer Sunday runs I saw one as I passed a gas station.  It was lying on the ground next to the air pump and I debated picking it up.  I thought it best to leave it there, because if it was me and I lost it I would return to the gas station to look for it and hopefully the guilty party has done that.  I'll have to look the next time I run that route.  But, this one I found in the grass between the curb and the sidewalk on a really busy street with no gas station or place to change a tire close by.   According to 'Da Googles' it's a 1/2 ton worth about $32, so we have something to keep the hub caps company until the next "stuff in the garage" sale.  And BTW, that steel rod with the big eye on the end was with the car jack and again I needed 'Da Googles' to assist.  Seems it's an emergency tow hook eye bolt which makes more sense now.  Jack up the car, put spare on, tow it away.....hopefully to a happy ending.  

     I hit for the cycle again (penny,nickel,dime,quarter)!  I was waiting for a nickel to show itself and passing a car wash, something caught my eye in the cracks between pavements.  It was a false alarm but a few feet away, hiding in the dirt, was my nickel.  Ha!  Thank you Creator of all things for these symbols of your infinite abundance.  Yeahuh!!  Only the star drill bit attachment today for tools, unless you count the pen as a tool, and I guess for some of us it is.  

     There was an "InsideOut Coaching card on the ground today and it has memory joggers about "G R O W", Goal, Reality, Options, Way Forward.  I see that it's the work of the late Brittish race car driver and author John Whitmore and it looks interesting, I may have to investigate further.  Also we have a retro Parking Permit from 2017, it's what all the chic older cars are wearing these days. The long white thing at the bottom looked like a roll of paper.  It's wrapped in plastic and upon unrolling some of it, in my expert opinion, it seems to be just be just regular, everyday, ordinary, ol' paper. And you can quote me.  I did consult 'Da Googles' to be sure, who didn't have anything useful to share on this one, but 3 out of 4 is pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers