Followers

Monday, April 25, 2022

LAST BUT NOT LEAST : 04 25 2022


      Another phone bit the dust, this time it was a Samsung.  I looked up the battery number and before it was roadkill it used to be a Galaxy J3, which came out in 2018.  Time, for this little guy was not a friend.    Hey, I hit for the extended cycle today!!!!!!!! (penny,nickel,dime,quarter,socket,lug nut). Early on I had most of the coins except the quarter, followed closely by two sockets and three lug nuts, which is what, a Found-In-The-Road full house I guess?  I found the 'half of a penny' first, another case where you pass by and then do a 180 as it slowly registers.  Still, it's something to give a little thank you for.  But, I just knew that the quarter would eventually show up.

     Kept on looking and found the usual assortment of bolts, washers and nuts (yeah, yeah, I know, found by just one more nut in the road. Seems I've heard that somewhere).  The good folks at Frost Bank and also Legacy Texas each contributed a pen, and I suppose it fits into their advertising budget somehow.  I found another drill attachment and it was not far from where I found that cache of them a week ago.  I just saved this one from going down that nemesis of all things in the road, that black hole from which there is no return, the storm drain.  There was another little rubber ball too, I seem to be accumulating a lot of them too.  So, only about a hundred yards left to run with one more intersection to cross and of course, last but not least, there's my quarter out in the road.  Somehow they find me.  Case in point, yesterday my wife and I took a drive and decided to play miniature golf.  It was a nice drive out a country road and we pulled in the lot and parked, and I open the car door and what's at my feet?  Six shiny pennies!  Out of all the places to stop, and of all the parking spaces we could have chosen, we end up where there's six pennies.  Ya gotta laugh!!!!  (And of course say Thank You!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers