Followers

Friday, April 1, 2022

The Every Day, Run o' The Mill, Your Regular Old, Pretty Much Average, Nuthin Special, Deals : 04 01 2022

     

   Hard to believe this is post #75! Keep in mind that I make reference to previous blog posts a lot especially the 'hitting for the cycle' thing. I'll try to either reference the blog date or explain the common thread to help explain some of this craziness.  

     Today I ran a route that I've run on 3/28, 3/25, and 3/18 most recently.  I wasn't expecting all this!!  It's probably a record for found change, $9.49!  $8.78 came near the end of the run and was in the grass between the back of the sidewalk with a gas station parking lot directly behind.  AND in the same spot I found an UNO card game 50th anniversary gold coin (it's in the upper right).  Not a scratch on it.  How does that stuff find me???? 35 quarters, 3 pennies, and a collector's coin.  And that's in addition to the regular coinage I 'run' across every day, which in today's case was a pretty normal 2 quarters, 3 nickels and 6 shiny pennies.  I do not know, but I'm thankful, Creator of all things, for all these symbols of your infinite abundance.  Yah Hoo!!

     There were a number of finds that would definitely be car related, the lug nut, the car key, and the gas cap.  The car key was in the driveway of a gas station which makes me wonder, how did they drive off without the car key?  The orange thing on the left says "Multi Wedge" and according to 'Da Googles' it's part of a three-piece pry-bar kit which runs $14.12, which would make mine a $4.70 Mono-Wedge.  There was also a room key-card at Stay America extended suites.  Hopefully they won't charge 'Zippy' for having to create a second room key.

     I've found quite a few micro fiber cloths on my runs, but I didn't have a white one.  Now I do.  I also found an extremely small pencil with a mostly unused eraser today.  I wonder, if you use really big paperclips and big pencils for the really big deals, I suppose then that the really tiny pencils (they don't like to called nubs!) would be for the every day, run o' the mill, your regular old, pretty much average, nuthin special, deals.  I suspect there's more of them than the big deals, hence the really short pencil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers