Followers

Thursday, June 23, 2022

KEEPING THE TRAINS SAFE : 06 22 2022


      A really good day, but then any day I get out to run is a really good day I think.  Well, I got to direct traffic again and this was a really good one.  The timing at the RR crossing was perfect, I heard the alarm just before the crossing arms came down so I got to pick the side of the tracks with the most cars.  So I position myself in the center of  three lanes, hold my arms out to stop the traffic that's already stopped, keep them already stopped, and then wave the oncoming train, the train that is coming through anyway, wave the train through, and then let the traffic know that I'm letting them cross now, which they're going to do anyway.  It's all ludicrous, but everybody got it!  Everybody either waved, honked and waved, or gave a thumbs up.  And everybody smiled.  Granted it could be a smile saying, "and she lets him out of the house unsupervised?", or it could be just a fun moment and we all share a smile.  I love those moments, you start out with one smile and it multiplies. I think we need a few more smiles these days.

     That was not the first flop I've found, and I did look around for the flip.  I figured it would have to be close, I'm mean after all, how fast will anyone be going with those on. Now I usually see a lot of silverware in the road that I'll just pass by but even though this fork was pretty beat up, I'm going to pick up a fork in the road at a fork in the road (yeah, yeah, picked up by a 'Nut In The Road' I know, I get it...). There was a long rod with a bent end that secures a battery in the engine compartment and since my son is missing one I took that for him (you're welcome Adam!). Another socket, this time a very new looking shiny Craftsman 5.5 mm.  I didn't remember they came in halves, go figure.  There was another pair of work gloves or maybe just a pair of "doing something and I'd rather not get my hands dirty" gloves.  Lots of change, 4 quarters in one spot even. I think I like that spot.  Didn't hit for the cycle (penny,nickel,dime,quarter) as that nickel was elusive for a second day (and I'll probably find 4 tomorrow). But thank you Creator of all things for all these symbols of Your infinite abundance. Oh Yeah!

     Lastly I needed a little help from 'Da Googles' again on that big piece of 'pig iron'.  Seems it's a steel hose end with crowfoot couplings, good to 150 psi.  Probably worth 4 or 5 bucks. Almost a gallon of gas, I'm thinking that would be a good swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers