Followers

Wednesday, June 22, 2022

WHERE'D THE SIGN GO? : 06 17 2022

     I run a lot of routes starting from my house but more and more I'll get in the car and drive somewhere close and start from there to keep things interesting. This was a new route so the expectation of finding something I haven't seen before is always higher, despite the fact that even the regular routes I'm on every week still surprise me.  I found another tool, another USB cord, and there were 6 lug nuts fer cryin out loud!  Three identical ones (and they looked new) were together in a turn lane and since most cars have 3-5 lug nuts---what does that say??? Not sure anybody gets better gas milage on three wheels. I almost hit for the extended cycle again today (see Jan 13), but I just didn't see any nickels.  I have to think there was one out there, I figure I just missed it.... or maybe, it just missed me?  Nicer to have something else to blame, and an inanimate object that can't defend itself works for me. 

     There was a very long skinny (actually they prefer to be called slim) socket and a socket adapter for a drill.  I need to put together a small kit with a selection of adapters, so appropriately, I guess I need to find a case in the road now.

   There was another hitch pin, and an S hook, most probably off a bungie cord, and the eleven billionth pen.  It'll be a sad day when I can't find something to write with. Lastly, there was a large magnetic sign, the kind you'd see on a van or something pretty big, one for a hotel or a hotel conference center. But somewhere between the drive back and taking the daily picture, someone must have put in in a very safe place.  "Honey......have you seen a 18" x 24" magnetic sign?"  Da**!  There's that internationally famous eye roll again.   Hmmm, maybe it's out there in the garage somewhere, waiting to pounce??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers