Followers

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

ORDER UP FOR #51 : 06 21 2022

      Whataburger order #51---ready to be driven over.  Actually, I haven't ordered anything there in I can't remember when, so I'm not sure if this was for a drive up-pick up, or something inside they had to cook and bring to your table.  There was a Whata-you-know-what in the vicinity but still, how'd this end up in the road?

     The last two days I missed hitting for 'the extended cycle' (penny,nickel,dime,quarter,socket,lugnut) because I didn't find a socket and today that's the first two things I came across.  One was a ginormous 12mm for a 1/2" handle the other a pretty average 1/2", so I guess it all averages out.  I found my 3rd chainsaw Scrench tool today - at least that's the moniker Lowes gives them.  And thanks to my buddy Carl D, I now know that these don't belong to an extremely small Japanese car. They go for $4.99 at Lowes so....big payday here!  Now, the air compressor end definitely was playing in traffic too long, it disappears after the picture. 

     There was a Pinnacle golf ball at a side street crossing and although I used to hit Top Flights when I played, Pinnacles are ok.  In fact I've heard that another way to play golf is to go to the course, take a dozen balls and throw them into the woods, and then head for the clubhouse for lunch. Saves time instead of hitting 12 into the woods over 4-6 hours and then heading to the clubhouse for lunch.  At least that what I heard.  Another pen, probably from a bank driveway.  And another drill adapter tool, this one for 1/4" sockets. I've found a lot of sunglasses, some good and that I've used, but these were a little iffey.  I may take the screws out and trash the rest (see honey, I do throw some of this stuff out!---Hey look, no eye roll!!)

     I think I've passed a few of those long yellow metal handles before.  Decided to grab this one and 'Da Googles' says it's the handle for an Apollo ball valve. Good to know the next time I need to open/close one and the handle's missing. I mentioned not hitting for the cycle and one lone nickel was all I was missing today. I thought I had it as there were two 'slugs' in the road (no, just two, I ran ok today) that made me stop and look because they're round and about the size of a nickel.  Nope.  So, whoever is pitching these in the road, it'd be a good thing for you to stop messin with me!   Last thing I'll mention is that cloth mesh bag.  They're kind of handy, and maybe I can stash road finds in it (no really honey, I'm just kidding ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers