Followers

Monday, June 27, 2022

R.I.P. RUBBER DUCKIE #21.5 : 06 26 2022


     I can usually count on Sunday runs being interesting and today, that's really an understatement.  Once again, there were some firsts, for example, the plastic flowers in the road.  Believe me, nothing screams romance like some dusty plastic flowers ya found in the road.  Women go nuts over stuff like that.  Don't worry though, I'm safe, I already bought my honey yellow daisies yesterday.   There is another addition to the 'Rundover Store's' selection of fine footwear today, we have a pair of Champion sandles. They weren't together and since I only found half a pair of flip-flops in the 22nd (just a flop) I was surprised when the other one showed up.  Funny, there was one of them and a tennis ball together at the curb line.  I'm thinking that would make for an extremely noncompetitive game of tennis. FYI, can you remember when the name tennis shoes and sneakers were pretty much used synonymously? (yeah, yeah, I was sad when the dinosaurs died, ha ha).

     The large crescent wrench I found in the road at the first traffic circle I came to and with something that big (and useful!) I needed a good hiding place for it until I swung by on my return pass.  A lot of my routes will be a loop so I'm going to see that section of road again, just from the other side.  The wheel cover was debatable for coming back for, I would have come back in the car later for it if it had been any further from the end of the route.  But I juggled it and the wrench for about a half mile or so.  I've had a Mega-grip, a Firm-Grip, and a Gorilla Grip, not too sure about being a Grease Monkey but I have a glove that says so. Looking back to the 22nd, I found part of a car battery hold down bracket and today I found the rest of it so my son Adam can check that off his list of car stuff to get. There was a small section of chain today which I have found any number of uses for.  Also there was a ball cap with a bulldog on it.  I know of several teams that have bulldog mascots (Georga and Gonzaga come to mind) but 'Da Googles' helped me narrow it down to the Butler Bulldogs.  Woof!!
     I found another fork in the road that I found at a fork in the road, it's not good for anything, but love saying that!  And there was another rubber duckie!!!!  Number 21!!  Ya gotta love that.  But sadly....I also found part of a rubber duckie!  Seems that one of our favorite rubber water fowl has gone to that big pond in the sky.  I'm thinking he got run over by a Jeep.  We'll miss you little friend!  Not too far from where the ducks were was what I'm guessing is a little pink rubber bunny??  It has bunny ears and tail, maybe 'Da Googles' will help with that.  Hey, I hit for the extended cycle  again today (penny,nickel,dime,quarter,socket,lug nut) ---woo and hoo!!!  And that may be a record for change found, 18 quarters, 29 dimes 8 nickels, and 40 pennies.  If I was a Sam's Club member that would be two gallons of gas!  Thank you Creator of all Things for ALL these symbols of your infinite abundance.  Yeayuh!!
     I have found skads of gas caps, you run past a gas station and you can't help but find one, but today it was an oil cap I found.  It says on it use SAE OW 20, which I found is a synthetic oil blend that's made from natural gas and not crude oil.  Who knew?  The last thing I spotted was an Alcon Labs 'Dailies' -2.00 contact lens in case.   I've used those at some point over the years since I'm nearsighted, I spotted that at a gas station driveway I went by.  How does one lose one, in the original container mind you, at a gas station? Another question for the ages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers