Followers

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

THANK YOU VIC CIANCA : 06 28 2022


      Some days you get it right off the bat and some days you don't get it at all.  Missed finding the nickel to hit for the cycle yesterday (penny,nickel,dime,quarter), today I had it in 4 minutes.  Go figure!  And on a route that I run at least twice a week, sometimes more.  There's an advantage to the times when I'll go drive somewhere and park to run a new route, or to hit a route that I haven't been out on in a while.  Stuff has a chance to build up so to speak.  But it cracks me up to keep finding change, and tools, and stuff in the same old places.  

     I had another opportunity to 'assist' a train through an intersection, this one over on Rufe Snow.  I just happen to get to the tracks as the crossing arms were coming down and of course I'll wait on the sidewalk until the traffic's stopped and the arms are down.  I'll step into the street and hold out my hands to stop the already stopped traffic.  I'll make sure they continue stopping, and then motion the already oncoming train through the crossing.  Then I'll let the traffic that's going to start up anyway know that they can continue safely on their way.  And the folks up front that could see me all 'got it.'  I always think about what it would be like if I had moves like the famous Pittsburgh traffic cop Vic Cianca did.  He was so cool moving traffic through an intersection.  Everybody loved this guy, he put a smile on everybody's face.  That's a heck of a legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers