Followers

Friday, July 1, 2022

Derailed by the Derailleur : 07 01 2022

 



     I used to take a day off from running once a month or so and bike for a couple of hours instead of the daily run.  I haven't ridden the bike in ages and since it was 11am and I was getting out WAY too late to run in the heat, I aired up the tires and rode the bike around most of the everyday places I usually run.  And I found the usual collection of oddball stuff again.  There was another lock in the road at an intersection, and I did take that one as it was a combination lock and therefor, useful.  There was the outside part of a cell phone case, no sign of the phone nearby for which I'm glad.  There was a light switch plate which I usually don't see in the road.  There was a really, really small shoe in the upper right corner, and it has to be a doll shoe. But in the driveway in front of a thrift store?? You'd think they' be supervising them a little better, one obviously snuck out. 

     UNO!!!!!  Wait, it's not Uno, there's two cards....TWO-O!!!!  Odd, there was the better part of a UNO deck in the street.  I do find cards once in a while but not as many as I saw today.  Guess no game night tonight for somebody.  Eleven pennies and a quarter--HA!  Where I find it is always unexpected, but the finding itself never is.  Thank you Creator for these little treasures.!  I also found that black rubber pull thingy.  I think it's like what you see on a gas lawnmower pull start.  Losing it will probably make that mower a little harder to get started (or it could be a chore dodge???)

     There's a picture at the top of a bike derailleur stuck in a bike chain.....my derailleur, in my bike chain!  I was about a half mile from being done and was shifting gears and POW! (yup, just like on the old Batman TV series).  Fortunately, I wasn't going very fast, and the chain didn't turn very far after the derailleur broke so that's the only thing to replace.  I've had a lot of multispeed bikes over the years but that's the first time something like that's happened.  Keeps things interesting I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers