Followers

Thursday, July 28, 2022

DON'T GET STEAMED, SMILE! : 07 27 2022


      Didn't get out until 9:30 and it was 94 degrees already.  I almost think I'd rather not know, except I have to plan for it. It had hit 100 by the time I got back an hour later, that's just wrong, wrong, wrong if you ask me.  Maybe the heat explains what I ended up bringing back, I picked up the zip ties first and if it was just one, I'd have passed but they all knew each other and I hated to break up the group.  That's the first Mararoni Grill gift card I've found, good for $50, so maybe there's even something left on it.  I miss drawing on the table paper there too.  Next to that is a "It's Swirl Time" kiddie spoon, and let's hope little Marvin's done nursing because judging from the bite he took out of the spoon, his baby teeth are all in.  
     Sometimes the challange is figuring out what some of this stuff is and above the spoon should be an adjustable sprinkler head, brass maybe.  I found that clamp early on and had to be careful with it as the end stuck out of my pocket and kept wanting to stick me.  That roll of toilet paper was heading down the drain--a storm drain, and if this was two years ago it might have been a very valuable commodity.  How does it even get near the road though?  Another golf ball, again in the road, another duffer hit a major slice.  Just a shiny penny and a dime today, and really, as long as I find that first shiny penny the rest is just icing on the cake.  And of course, thank you Creator for the little symbol of your infinite abundance, Yeayuh!  
     Lastly, I got to direct traffic twice today!  It's just how it worked out, the commuter train comes through from each direction every 30 minutes and I happened to hit the crossing just before it arrived.  Which gave me time to let the crossing arms come down, step into the road and stop the cars that were already stopped waiting, signal and wave the train through the crossing, which was coming through anyway, and then when safely past and the cars were about to start up, I let them know that it was safe to continue on, which they were going to do anyway.  Normally that crossing is slow and people get a little torked at having to wait so long, so I figured the ludicrousness of all this, well, they'd get it and there's be a few more smiles.  They multiply you know, but we've talked about this before.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers