Followers

Wednesday, July 20, 2022

I'll Take 4 Nutty Buddies! : 07 19 2022

     When the blog started out in Jan I talked a lot about the "One More Nut In The Road" type stuff, nuts and lug nuts and washers and bolts and machine screws and various and sundry kinds of 'pig-iron' that lines the streets and byways (the Andy Rooney in me thinks next,"what the heck is a byway?").  And of course the blessings, the Shiny Pennies, I almost titled it something like "Pennies From Heaven", but that ignores the 'one more nut in the road' picking up one more nut in the road part.  Anyway, it's a work in progress and will probably keep changing, depending upon what I happen to be finding.  So, It took a while to finally 'hit for the cycle' (penny,nickel,dime,quarter), and I even  made up for the quarter I couldn't find yesterday with 5 today (thank you Creator of All for all these symbols of your infinite abundance!) .  There were 2 golf balls in the road so it appears somebody else is dealing with a slice that comes and goes.  Never heard anyone holler 'Fore' , although you hit a ball like that and you're probably not not going to be carding a 'four'.  

     Another gas cap, this one had a chance to take a little ride on top of the car before it escaped down the road.  I found a new little friend out there today, I found a little snail dude!  The weather gets hotter and hotter the more I start running like one of these little guys.  Anyway, it a new friend for all the little rubber duckies I've found, 22 at last count. There was a very shiny Texas Lottery scratch-off token, they probably give those away as I'm sure they want to make it as easy as possible for all of us to scratch and win (yeah, right).  Another S-hook, I didn't see the bungee cord that came off so folks, check your bungees, somebody's missing one.  Lastly, I found the small printed circuit and the envelope it came in and I grabbed it because I was didn't know what it was.  Whatever it went to, it plays "Turkey In The Straw" over, and over, and over, and over (you get the picture).  You'd have thought an ice cream truck was parked here.  Alright already!!  I'll take 4 Nutty Buddies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers