Followers

Saturday, July 16, 2022

STEADY STREAM : 07 15 2022

     It's not unusual to see glasses in the road (pun intended).  Both kinds actually, the ones you drink from and those you see with.  These were right in the middle of the sidewalk just past a really busy intersection and didn't seem like they had been there for very long.  The Applebee's gift card is the first one of those I've seen, one of these days, for curiosity's sake I'll have to put together a list of all the gift card types I've come across.  Next to the gift card is another student ID, this one from Birdville HS, 1st one from there.  Funny, I found it a block or two from Richland HS and I've found two or three from there. 

     Now Allen has been pretty good lately at picking up his tools but there was another Allen wrench in the street today. It had a kink in it but I did bend it back straight for the picture.  I can always expect to find the oft mentioned 'nut in the road' (yeah, yeah, found by a nut in the road, we know, we know) and there were three small ones and a ginormous lug nut.  I always wonder how big the vehicle had to be to sport one of these guys. There was a very shiny steel bearing in the road today, not sure where that came from, but of course it was shiny so-----.  Same thing for that huge lock washer just below the lug nut, I was wondering what is it that needed a lock washer that big??

     Another micro-fiber towel, another grey one like yesterday and more often than not I find them near a car wash.   That long steel rod was pretty heavy, so I stashed it to get later.  Which gave me time to figure out what it was as well.  It was sitting on top of an ATT fiber hand-hole and first thought was it was some kind of specialized tool to open it?  But in the next mile or two it hit me that it's a stake for one of those business flags you see out in front of a store.  You know---Bargains, Bargains, Bargains, or Now Open, or Barber Shop (you're welcome JP!), or...you get the picture. There was another S-hook too, but I may or may not keep this one as I have a zillion of them already that aren't rusty.  Lastly, there was a steady stream of pennies and dimes today.  It always makes me laugh, that on the same stretch of road that I've run a zillion times already, on a route I pretty much ran most of just a couple of days ago, there's still all these little treasures waiting for me. What's more, you have to be looking in the right direction too, just as you happen to pass them.  Lotta if's going on there.  But as always though, thank you Creator of All Things for all these little symbols of your infinite abundance. Oh yeah!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers