Followers

Saturday, July 30, 2022

THANK YOU LARRY B ! : 07 29 2022

   'Hit for the cycle'?  Heck yes, but I had a little help today.   I decided  my route needed a change of pace-- pun intended-- so this path was something new.  I'm constantly amazed at how I can keep finding different stuff when I keep going over the same stretches of road.  Today I had the penny, dime, and very chewed up quarter by the time I was 2 or 3 miles out.  I figured the nickel was out there, but I just didn't see it until I got finished.   I had mentioned to my friend and neighbor Larry B that I had started a blog about all this crazy stuff I find in the road every day and it seems he had recently checked it out.  Unbeknownst to me this neighbor buddy had lined up a penny-nickel-dime-quarter in my driveway which I blindly walked right over when I headed out this morning.  Larry was still outside working when I got back  and I think he had as big a laugh as I did when I spotted the missing nickel for the day (along with the other 3 treasures)---in my own driveway!  Thank you my friend, I always try to share a smile or two when I'm running, and you inspired a really big one for me.  

     There was some very heavy pig iron today, odd that I'd find it in a mostly residential area, but hey, it happens--look at the previous 150 blog posts.  That new looking very shiny socket is a 9/32" and instead of engraving it on the socket it's printed on the side. It's kind of tough to read, especially in dim light under a car hood, but you don't complain about a freebie!  Another day-glo yellow golf ball, and I used to play these and also the orange ones a lot.  I'm not going to say that it's because I tend to spray the ball when I play, it's because.....it's because....ummmm, because I like those colors.  Yeah, that's the ticket.  Colors.   Next I found another baby hose clamp, I haven't found too many of these that weren't very very flat in the road.  Nice that this one will live on to grow up and perhaps one day have a job as a radiator hose clamp.  Everyone can have a dream.  And lastly, I almost forgot to mention, on 'hitting for the cycle'--thank you Creator of all for all these symbols of your infinite abundance.  Yeayuh!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers