Followers

Wednesday, August 17, 2022

ANOTHER TRAIN!! : 08 17 2022

 

     Some days it's playing cards, others it's credit cards/gift cards, go figure. The top two cards were plasma donor cards and I've seen them before. I don't think I had much luck getting these back to people last time, but I'll give it a go again.  I got to 'direct' traffic again today!  The timing was really good at the train crossing on Rufe Snow.  Looking to the south you don't get much notice as the tracks curve, but I saw the train headlights and I picked the side of the street with the most cars and waited. When the crossing arms came down, I stepped out in the middle of the street and stopped the cars that are ready stopped, and wave through the intersection the train that's coming through anyway. And I get a blast of the horn from the engineer! Yaa whoo!!! That doesn't happen very often. I got laughs and thumbs up from the people in the front row of cars, it's nice when everybody gets it. We're just having a little fun at the crossing as there's nothing else to do but wait anyway.  And maybe folks will forget about having been delayed and remember laughing with the knucklehead out in the road. 

     The Ford wheel cover and the ginormous bolt next to it I actually found yesterday and stashed to pick up at the end of the run, and I forgot about them.  So, two more really really valuable items to take their place in the garage with the rest of the garage sale stuff.  Which will happen when the weather/temperature is less stupid.  Back to the credit cards, one was for a Grubhub driver and the other one was an Aspire "credit" card.  According to 'Da Googles' the Aspire card is an expensive unsecured credit card for people with bad credit.  I'll call the lost or stolen number on both of these but maybe it's just as well somebody lost the Aspire one with all their annual and monthly fees. Almost forgot, there's a Dave & Buster's (yes both!) rechargeable game card.  Let the fun begin!!
     There was another gas cap, some pig-iron, another black Ninja glove and lots of change.  We hit for the cycle again today---Wu and Hu!!  It was spread out over the whole run with a number of the pennies having been driven over a lot.  Not to fear smallest of change, you've found a home now!  And of course, thank you Creator for all these little treasures.  Every day, I never know where, I just know.  I suppose it's kind of like life.   Most days I never know what's going to happen outside of a general plan.  Life fills in the rest.  I just have to be open to finding something interesting and be positive enough to know that it will happen.  All the other stuff gets worked out and is way above my pay grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers