Followers

Thursday, August 18, 2022

Watch Your Door Step : 08 18 2022

          Some familiar finds, some that aren't, that's generally how it works most days.  I guess if I hadn't already picked up a bunch of gloves this week I might have passed these but there was another black Ninja glove, and also one of Milwaukee's finest XL ,10", Cut Level, 1 aka Smartswipe.  I've heard of SmartA** but Smartswipe's a new one, sounds more like an intelligent paper towel.  Whatever.  I found another cell phone and this one never had a chance.  Someone lost it where a fast food restaurant driveway met Davis Blvd and everybody leaving had to drive over it.  I can tell it was an android and I know what the inside of a cell phone battery looks like now. The memorial service will be Saturday, it will be closed box, and in lieu of flowers you can tell Samsung how much you really care. Sure.

     I found the same identical dust pan Aug 11th over on 377, go figure.  And it seems that somebody was a Las Vegas basketball fan who unfortunately is missing their car and house keys now.  Those were in an intersection by a gas station driveway, hopefully they had spares.  In the gas station pump area I found that Mattel 2020 HotWheels racer from a Burger King giveaway. Can't tell you the last time I ate at Burger King--and they probably didn't give me anything but food.  Sheesh!  There was another bungie cord, I think I'm going to start leaving them on my neighbors door step.  Just like those neighbors we all have, the ones that have a garden and grow WAY too many cucumbers and squash and leave bags of it on their neighbors door steps at midnight.  

     The CD was from a musical group I don't really care for and I accidentally bent it 8 or 10 times and it sorta got broken.  Oops.  There was a DVD out there today, Blood For Blood, which 'Da Googles' tells me is a movie that's a "twisty serial killer thriller".  Fortunately that one was already coming apart and I left it in the median.  That is a really cool adjustable Husky Pro 10mm ratcheting combination wrench I found---which will go in the tool box. Thank you to whoever donated it.  Three pennies, two dimes, and a nickel, but missed the quarter.  Ahh, no worries, I'll no doubt find two tomorrow.  And of course thank you Creator of all things for these symbols of Your infinite abundance.
 

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a small backpack you carry these treasures home in, or just hold them all in your hand while you run? I am so surprised at all the money you find. Thanks for sharing your pictures and the stories that go along with your adventures! ~ Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear (when I remember it) a running/hiking belt that has two zippered pockets that I use as overflow when there's a lot of 'stuff.' I have carried some things in hand but if it's too big for the pockets I'll most times stash whatever it is to pick up at the end of the run. Then I just have to remember where i put them!

      Delete

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers