Followers

Monday, August 22, 2022

BLESS HIS HEART! : 08 21 2022

 

     Typical early Sunday run of late, warmish out, nice breeze, some familiar stuff, some new stuff in the road. Take the lobster shower cap, that's a first. According to 'Da Googles' it's part of the Under The Sea Headband and Shower Cap Set. I never knew to look for the marching headband, guess I could look again next Sunday to try and complete my set.   Actually my 1st thought was that it was for somebody working at a seafood restaurant. Oh well.  I picked up the koozie because it said American Steel on it and I'm hoping that their carports they make are actually made from American steel. Let's hope. There was a very small piece of a cell phone in the street, that was it, nothing else was left.  Hope whoever lost it had their files backed up, and that they don't put the phone on top of the car EVER again.  The socks in the upper left looked kinda like some that I run in and looking online, I didn't see those exact same ones.  But they are definitely sports socks so they may end up as an addition to the 'Rundover' Store's collection of fine sportswear. Yes-siree.  Step right up.  
     Three pens today, along with 2 sockets, guess that makes a full house.  And a giant lug nut, so with all that change we have 'hit for the extended cycle' again today (see previous blogs for reference).  Not the most change I've found on a Sunday before but still, 9 quarters, 8 dimes, 2 nickels, and 24 pennies is gladly accepted.  And thank you Creator of all for all these little treasures.  With the price of gas slowly falling back to something a little less stupid, that would be a gallon of gas at one of the more expensive stations.  So, there was also a small wrench in a parking lot I passed, I think the stores there were all food related so no telling how it got there.  When you get right down to it, how did any of this stuff get where I found it??  Since I run this route usually once a week, you'd think at some point, that I would have found all the 'fun' stuff that's out there to find.  It just cracks me up to keep finding all the change scattered about.  And it's fun now that so many of the people in the places where I poke my head in the door as I go by remember me and I get a nice smile and a wave.  At worst they're thinking, "bless his heart!"

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers