Followers

Thursday, August 11, 2022

Harris County Toll Road Token : 08 11 2022

 

     I could say I really cleaned up on today's run, but would I use that trite a cliche?  Sure I would.   I really cleaned up today and yes the red dust pan was in the street.  Some of this stuff just screams to be picked up and fortunately I was only half a mile from being done, so I carried the dust pan along with the radiator cap that was sitting beside it.  Seems it was lug nut day, there's six of them and they were all within a few hundred yards of a particular tire shop/garage.  It makes me wonder, I passed at least half a dozen automotive places but only these guys had lug nuts out front.  They have heard of a lug wrench, right?  Or a torque wrench even? 

     This was a completely new route today as I drove a few miles from the house to explore someplace new.  It was a busy area, 7 lanes and lots of traffic so you need to be aware of what's going on around you.  Getting out early is definitely a plus though, it helps with the traffic not to mention the heat. I 'hit for the extended cycle' today (penny,nickel,dime,quarter,socket,lug nut)--woo and hoo!!  It just makes me laugh, all these treasures.  And of course thank you Creator of all things for all these symbols of Your infinite abundance. Yeahyuh!! And there was an odd coin too, token actually.  It happens to be a Harris County Toll Road Authority token.  HCTRA for you insiders.  So how is it you'd need a toll road token in Harris County??  There's no date on it but 'Da Googles' said the tokens were used from 1989-2003 on Houston area toll roads.  Believe it or not I have been around long enough to remember the days of pitching quarters in the toll lane basket.  It wasn't that big a deal to keep a bunch of toll change in the car but having to get tokens and keep them around just seems like too much trouble.  They are for sale on Ebay so I guess somebody remembers them, fondly or not.  That's today's history lesson, it may be on the mid-term.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers