Followers

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

HOOEY? : 08 16 2022

     Any time there's a rubber duckie on the route, it's a successful run.  And this forlorn little guy was in the road, trying not to get 'rundover', not knowing that he'd be part of a new flock this afternoon.  I've got a spot with all the ducks, dragons, chickens, hippos, pterodactyls, snakes, and etc and I count 23 rubber duckies.  Thought there were more....oh well.  I pass a lot of locks in the road and most are keyed but today there was a stout Master combo lock that was open.  So when I have a chance to fuss with it hopefully the combo that's still on it will work.  There was another wrench today, this time a 12mm so my string of 13mm tools is broken.  There was another hook today, not great for over the door but maybe on an outside fence to hang a basket of flowers.  Still, it's useful.  There was a fuse tester just to the right of the duckie, or at least I think that's what that yellow thing is. I might have to check on that one.

     There was another hat and this one is a 'Hooey Men's "Chi" Trucker Cap', retails for $30.  Hooey?  Chi?  News must travel slower where I live.  Fortunately 'Da Googles" keeps up with all that kind of stuff.  There was lots of bolts in the street today, the biggest of which I actually stashed to pick up later.  And after an hour plus in the heat this morning my little fried brain forgot.  Oh well, it can keep the Ford truck wheel cover company.  I did find a lug nut, but no 'hitting for the extended cycle' (penny,nickel,dime,quarter,socket lug nut) as the socket and nickel I didn't spot.  The quarter was at an intersection and with traffic stopped I stepped out and snagged it.  I got a smile from the lady in the car beside me who was watching me poke around the intersection.  Probably thinking, "well bless his heart."  But of course thank you Creator for all the little treasures.  Lastly, there was a Chick-a-Fil gift card that I'll have to check, maybe there's a free chicken wing in somebody's future.

   Well one more last thing, a shout out to my buddy Dylan at Therapy Partners. He works at a physical therapy place I went to early in the year for some IT Band issues and I swung by there before my run this morning to say hello.  It's very nice to be able to run without cranky tendons and he did a great job. The whining has decreased considerably, right honey?? (wait for it, wait for it...and of course the internationally famous eye roll)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers