Followers

Saturday, August 27, 2022

No Street Sweepers Please! : 08 26 2022

 


      I've learned not to prejudge what I might find on a route because you really never know what or where, or at least I certainly don't.  Pennies are normally one of the first things I find but today I had everything but. I even had lug nuts and a socket for 'hitting for the extended cycle' (penny,nickel,dime,quarter,socket,lug nuts), but no penny.  Unexpectedly, in a crack in the road full of dust and crud, the first one shows up.  A couple more show up in a few 'less likely' places but still it goes to show that they're out there, I just need to be patient, keep my eyeballs open, and be open to being blessed one more time.  And of course, thank you Creator of all things for all these little symbols of Your infinite abundance.Yeayuh!

     In fact, there wasn't much of anything in the road at all for quite a while this morning, making me wonder if the street sweeper had been through there recently.  It's nice to have the roads clear and all but jeeze Louise let's thing about me for a moment here.  Where am I supposed to find all this interesting crap to write about if the city is 'brooming' up all my treasures?  I'm sure the city would find that call to complain "amusing."  Well anyway, the stuff did start to appear, with the usual pig-iron including a wing nut. I'm not sure why I like those, maybe it's because you don't have to have a wrench to snug them.  There was one really big lug nut, right on the curb line and I usually wonder how big the tire was to need one of these, a question for the ages.   No, maybe not.  There were a couple of hooks, both I can use to hang something in the garage with probably.  And there was a strap with a clamp end on it today.  Usually they have a hook, this was the first one like this I've found.  Just another was to secure your "stuff."  And the older you get, the more stuff you have to 'secure.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers