Followers

Monday, August 15, 2022

SOCKET-ZILLA : 08 14 2022


 

     Socket-zilla!!  Aieee, aieee, run for the hills, it cannot be stopped!!  That has got to be the biggest socket I've ever found, it's way bigger than the lug nuts on the car even.   It's 1 1/8" for a very large socket handle, and a proud addition to the 'Rundover' Store's fine line of quality tools.  Step right up.   Seems also that it was Firm-Grip day as opposed to Gorilla-Grip day or Ninja-Flex day or Maxi-Flex day as I found 3 Firm-Grip gloves.  Ya just never know.  There were some repeat offenders here today, I've already written about "chucking the Chuckit", that round blue 'Dog Fetch Toy Whistler Ball Noisy Play-Fits Launcher' back on March 8th.  That has got to be another item that must sell by the word as a two pack sells for about $18.  That playing card I wrote about on Aug 13th, I'd found half a deck walking around working one of my jobs in the same area that I run on Sundays.  "Whataburger--Order Up for #60", I found the other half of that on Aug 7th, just up the street from my Whatabuddies.  The brother of that hook at the top left, I found several years ago, and with the chains and hooks I've found in the road, I had converted it into  manhole/handhole lid puller. I left it at a job site out in Plano and never found it again.  Now I get to make a new one!  

     There was a pair of tweezers in the CVS parking lot, I guess somebody bought them and somehow they never made it to the house.  They got all tweezed out right there in the parking lot.  There was one of those specialty screws at the top middle, 'Da Googles' couldn't tell me exactly what it did though.  There was a Google Play gift card that may or may not have a balance left on it.  There was 'Kohls Cash' in the road as well, the code to scan is on the back and even if it's expired they honor those for 10 days more.  That might make up for the two Kohls Cash receipts we had tried to use Saturday and were just slightly longer than 10 days expired. Cosmic payback??  There was a shiny little Shaklee doober in the middle of an intersection that says "Future Masters".  I'm not sure about that one, is that Future Multi-Level-Marketing Master?  Great if you're one of those multi-level guys I guess.  And of course, there was the usual Sunday cache of little treasures, 29 pennies, 2 nickels, 11 dimes, and 6 quarters scattered about everywhere.  It truly makes me laugh to find the shiny pennies (that was the title of my first blog back on Jan 13th), they're probably my favorite thing to find right behind Rubber Duckies (of which I've found 20+).  I guess if you can appreciate the little stuff, you'll be OK on the big stuff.  And lastly, thank you Creator of all things for all these little symbols of your infinite abundance.  Yeayuh!!  Oh--one more thing, I've been asked about how to be able to follow all this silliness and I finally got a "Follow" button to come up but it only shows up on the Web Page version.  Oh well, small steps....

2 comments:

  1. I did “follow” you but have no clue where that leads me. I get no notification that you’ve posted/published/spouted off 😄. Not smart enough to figure that out but I do enjoy your “finds” and stories. Keep ‘em comin. ~ Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did some snooping and found this, which is what supposedly happens when you follow a blog (I'm learning). When you follow a blog on blogspot.com, the new posts from that site will appear in your Reader, where you can view the latest posts published across the blogs you follow. You'll also receive notifications of new posts by email.

      Delete

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers