Followers

Saturday, August 20, 2022

STALK AWAY! : 08 20 2022

     The runs are slowly starting to get cooler, in the 70s when you start and also when you finish, instead of 86 when you start and 95+ when you get done.  And when I say get done I mean 'stick me with a fork' get done.  Wahhh.  I know.  Moving on.  The hat with the propeller looking thing on the front is actually a Cicis Pizza hat.  Or according to 'Da Googles' it's a Cicis Pizza Hat Cap Black Strap Back Adjustable.  What, Pizza Hat is too easy?  Ok, ok, at least it's not as bad as the purple ball from yesterday,  the air baby anti-stress sensory ball pool plastic etc mess.  There were 19 nuts in the road which were picked up by, we all know, "one more nut in the road".  Yeah, yeah, ha, ha, sad but true.  And it could have been more, there were a few that were either too rusty or just not convenient to get with traffic, so it would have been the complete family reunion with all nuts on board. I'm hoping that my honey realizes that I don't pick up every piece of scarp iron in the road that I see.  Let me say it for you, "yeah, just the shiny ones."  Waiting for the eye-roll and.....there it is, thank you!

     This was a route I that I run most Saturdays of late and it's a just a short drive from the house.  Park the car (someplace secure!!!!!), sunblock on, lock it up, then go get at it.  On the way over, a couple of blocks away at an intersection I caught a glint of something shiny in the road and I knew there was a small treasure there.  And finishing up I finally made it back and sure enough, it was a shiny nickel.  Those always make me laugh.  What was more of a challenge was the penny stuck in the asphalt in the middle of a side road.  I don't always go that far down that street, and it was directly in the middle of the road too so I could easily have missed it.  But.....it 'beckoned to me' and after waiting for the traffic to clear 4 or 5 times, I pried it out.  That one I earned!  As for the rest, once again they were scattered over the whole run.  Quite a few coins were pretty beat up and even a quarter got bent.  The only coin I don't think I've seen bent up is a nickel, I guess they're too thick.  Needed the nickel to 'hit for the cycle' and right before I got finished I stumbled across one in an unlikely place -- I was running through a bank parking lot.  Right after that, I got the other coin I had spotted in the street on the way over, which was also a nickel.   And lastly there was one on the ground not far from where I parked the car.  It really does amaze me how they're everywhere!!  Have they always been there and I never saw them?  Or have they just recently started stalking me?  I'm ready for the $100 bills to start stalking me.  Stalk away!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers