Followers

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

They Can't All Be Winners : 08 23 2022

 

     Rain was tapering off today, and I think I even saw a dove.  Spritzed a little is all.  I figured the rain would unearth all those treasures that were there just waiting, buried under a layer of dirt, and as expected, all that rain washed them up.  That faucet splitter I actually found yesterday on my way out.  I set it on a storm drain to pick up on my way back, but I came back on the other side of the street and missed it.  The threads are a little wonky so it'll get recycled, but it was in the street so it made the picture.   I did get to direct traffic again today over on Davis Blvd.  It's a 2 or 3 minute wait for traffic when the train reaches Smithfield Station and I was pretty close to the crossing.  So, when the crossing arms come down I step into the street, stop the already stopped cars, direct the train through the crossing which is crossing anyway, and then signal the cars to continue on, which they're going to do when the arms go back up.  And three lanes of traffic, four or five cars deep all waved or gave a thumbs up.  I just love it when everybody gets it, we all have to wait, what does it hurt to have a little fun in the process?  And I'm a big fan of having a little fun.  There were a number of nuts in the road and, all together now, they were picked up by One More Nut In The Road, yeah, yeah I know.  The socket was in the middle of a street crossing and with no traffic coming I had time to go back and rescue it.  It's another 10mm, which seems to be the popular size anymore.  Two nickels, a dime, and a penny and the penny was near my driveway even---go figure!!  The other coin looked like a foreign coin but turned out to be a novelty token.  Guess they can't all be winners.  But.......thank you Creator of all things for all these symbols of Your infinite abundance.  (yeayuh!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers