Followers

Thursday, September 15, 2022

JOB SECURITY : 09 14 2022

 

     One very shiny penny!!  Some days that's all it takes to make it a successful run.  Which is a good thing because unlike some days when there's 4 or 5 dollars worth of change scattered about, the single penny is all that found me today.  Thank you Creator of all things for that symbol of your infinite abundance!   Ok then, with the title of the blog being what it is, I'm kind of compelled to pick up pretty much all of the 'nuts in the road' and this one and the wingnut at the top were the sole representatives today.  I've been asked where all this pig-iron is going to end up and one idea is to get lots of small luncheon meat sized containers and fill each with bolts or washers or 'nuts in the road' and sell them at the next Garage Sale.  At buck apiece, I figure we're clearing litter off our streets, not adding to the landfill, and I get a little moola.  See honey, they really are going to live someplace other than our garage.  Whuhuoy!  Again with the eye-roll.  You know your eyes are going to stick like that!

     Another candidate for the next Garage Sale (and the Andy Rooney in me is compelled to say that I'm not selling the garage) would be the Bungee cord.  I know, I know, I have way too many now but just you wait until the next time you need to secure your Bungee....you'll thank me.  I've found any number of 1" PVC corners in the road and usually they're a little flat, but this little guy was unscathed.  That huge nail I had to pick up because, well, it's a HUGE nail.  How much wood could you expect to hold together with that monster?  Probably way more than you could hold (or would want to!)  The rest of this cra... I mean stuff, is just representative of what's on every street I run on.  Most of it you'd expect would be from something on 4 wheels and with as much of this pig-iron as there is, there's always going to be a need for a mechanic because stuff is falling apart in front of our eyes.  Which means all kinds of job security for all those guys in the shop.  Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers