Followers

Friday, September 2, 2022

!@#$%& PUTSKY! : 09 02 2022

 

     I'm running what used to be my every Tuesday morning route but since it's been a while, I was expecting lots of little road treasures to have accumulated.  And there were surprises, although the rain wasn't a big surprise.  Like it did yesterday, it waited until I started running to start raining and it rained for the whole run, stopping when I stopped. I think Mother Nature's messin with me!  It was cool with a nice breeze at least so that's a shiny penny.  2 sockets and 3 lug nuts today, I guess that's a full house.  I have found a lot of those chain link connectors you see at the very center and once again, checking with 'Da Googles' it's a "Small Solid Brass Quick Link Chandelier Chain Connector".  I've used them for a lot of things, guess I'll add that to the list.  There was the blade part of a nut driver or for something that uses those 6 point drill bit adapter things.  No handle but I may have already found one.  I hit for the extended cycle today (penny,nickel,dime,quarter,socket,lug nut) which does make me laugh.  Fifty cents in change too, and at that rate I could probably retire.  I think I could probably maybe retire.  I think I could maybe, I think...... maybe I'll just set it aside for a rainy day.  Like maybe tomorrow at the rate we've been going.  Oh yeah, BTW, thank you for all the little blessings in the street today!

     Oh yeah, I almost forgot a shout out to the very nice lady that, while I was circling the median waiting for the traffic to clear to cross, slowed, rolled down her window (in the rain) and asked if I was OK/needed a ride.  Awwww....that's very thoughtful!  I'm sure that as wet as I was at that point in the run I probably looked like a drowned rat.  I didn't realize just how much rain had been getting channeled away and where it must have been going away until near one of the intersections I stepped just off the sidewalk onto the grass close to the curb and stepped into an 18" deep depression where all the dirt under the grass had washed away.  That was a very graceful face-plant I'm sure.  The scores are just now coming in..... 9.1, 8.9, 8.5, 9.0, and a 4.9 from the Russian judge.  !@#$%& Putsky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers