Followers

Tuesday, September 6, 2022

OAK'D? : 09 04 2022


      How can a run where you find your 24th rubber duckie not be a good run?  Nice to have a little company this morning!  I found another hat today, and I figured out OAK'D is a BBQ place-no thanks to 'Da Googles' I might add.  There's just one location and that's on Greenville Ave in Dallas so maybe somebody over there realized that we've got some pretty decent BBQ over here too.  Those exact same playing cards I first saw a month ago and the box was even here today.  Obviously a new deck because with all the rain we've had in the last week or ten days, those cards would be far away by now, maybe all the way to Greenville Ave?.  I grabbed a few but it looked like the whole deck was out there in the middle of the road all over the median.  Not exactly the best place for your high stakes poker party.   There was a Timber Creek wrist band out there, fell off some TC Eagle's wrist it seems.  The Kroger Plus shopping card was surprisingly, out in front of Kroger--go figure.

     And, there's a new addition (as opposed to an old addition?) to the 'Rundover' Store's collection of fine accessories, today we have a little Minnie Mouse that goes on a chain.  Don't you just wish you had one of those?  Oh, well, moving on, just down the street from the car wash were two more Micro-fiber towels.   There's always several out there blowing around in the grass by the road every time I go by and I know, I know,  I've got to stop picking these up for a while or risk the dreaded Internationally Famous Eye-Roll. (yes honey, you're famous).  I picked up two of the drill bits I saw at the curb, and there were 2 more that surprisingly, since they were pretty stout, the ends were broken.   We 'hit for the cycle' obviously (penny,nickel,dime,quarter) and that's pretty normal for the longer Sunday run especially since there's a lot more places to look. 4 quarters, seven dimes, three nickels, and twenty five pennies, how it can find me every single day just astounds me.  But that's not to say that all the little shiny pennies aren't appreciated.  Thank you Creator of all things for these little signs of Your infinite abundance.  Yeahuh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers