Followers

Monday, September 19, 2022

Pretty Amazing Sunday Run : 09 18 2022

 


    Every run is is different, every day is different, and what's out there waiting along the road and environs is different, but Sunday runs are longer and always offer more little 'surprises.' Today---Four quarters, twenty one dimes, three nickels, and 30 pennies which is an average Sunday and about $185/year. Weekdays could be anywhere from a penny to a dollar/day so if you figure 50 cents/day that's another $156/year, which makes $341/year.  Not nearly enough to be on the IRS's radar, but if someone wanted to go in that direction, as a 'business' it isn't making a profit.  When you consider that every day there's at least one Access workout bar (the fat burner), two 10 oz bottles of Sustain sports drink I carry with me (electrolytes), and Amino Boost (branch chain amino acids), it's not even close to making money.  Which isn't the purpose, we're here to get some exercise, enjoy the day, explore, and see what kind of crazy/silly/interesting/unusual stuff is going to find me.  And judging from today's haul, that's an understatement.  It was a nice enough day, not pouring down rain or 109 degrees, and I was again given the wherewithal to get out there and poke around.  And I got to look in some places I don't get to see much anymore, and looking at the picture, is that crazy or what?  The Peanuts Halloween Special DVD was pretty beat up so it's just for the picture.  There was an Ace Hardware gift/reward card that looked like it hadn't been activated yet.  It's not unusual to find playing cards along the way but this is the first Uno Minecraft one.  I had to check with 'Da Googles' on Minecraft but it looks a lot like the games on my old Commodore 64 PC.  Moving on.  Two sockets, a 7/16 and a 5/8", and some kind of an extension I guess.  And another silcock key!  These shutoff keys are compatible with valve stems to open and close stopcocks, sillcocks, and other valves that don't have a handle.  That's a handy little guy!  Next, there was some kind of LED light, and I found it's part of a car LED headlight bulb assembly.  I've replaced mine so now I know why it was looking familiar.  There was a Minion key along the curb line, it looks like a car key to me.  Not sure I want to see those little guys driving though.  There were 15 nuts in the road and as always picked up by 'One More Nut In The Road'.  I'm kind of required to at least pick those up you know.  There was another crescent wrench today, another useful tool, along with another nut driver drill bit.  On the nut driver bit, I probably need to start putting together sets of them as there have been so many of them found (and now I'm curious).  And......another Rubber Duckie!!  Ha!!  He was just off of a traffic circle near I35 & Heritage Trace, and with his addition the flock has grown to 26.  There were sockets and a lug-nut today which means that with all that change that was found we 'hit for the extended cycle' again.  So many little blessings!  And lastly, thank you Creator of all, for all these little symbols of Your infinite abundance.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers