Followers

Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Thank You All The Same : 09 12 2022

 

     Got to 'direct' traffic again, I had just started out when at the 1st RR crossing the arms came down. Allowing me of course to step into the street, stop the cars that were already stopped, direct the train thru the crossing which it was going to do anyway, and then wave the traffic onward which it will do with or without me. I got a wave from the engineer, and from the couple in the 1st car at the crossing--Ha!  I love it when people get it-- we've all got to wait, might as well have a little fun while we're doing it.    So, we learned something new today thanks to 'Da Googles', the thing at the top in the middle is a Roof Rack Cross Bar Bolt for a Ford Expedition.  That wouldn't have even been my eighth guess...whuhuoy!!  I find lots of gift cards in the road but this is the 1st one of the 151 Coffee variety.  Next to that is another Bungee cord net hook, I've been seeing more of those lately.  I found a 16mm solid steel ball today and when I looked it up I see I can get them at Wally-World for $6.54 each.  Seems a little pricey until you figure that, according to the description, "they're great for physical collision experiments."  And here I had forgotten all about doing my physical collision experiments, but hey, if it's not on my calendar, I'll forget.  Something else that looked familiar was the bolt at the top left.  It's a lug bolt for something foreign made, maybe VW or Mercades.  Something to go with the zillion and a half lug-nuts I've found......uh oh.....there it is again.  The 'internationally famous eye-roll', sorry honey, I promise I'll start finding a home for those.  Somewhere else.  Lastly, there was a quarter, dime, and 9 pennies and again, it really is comical how I find all these little symbols of the Creator's infinite abundance along the same routes I've run hundreds of times.  I don't know how He does it but thank you all the same!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers