Followers

Thursday, October 27, 2022

Awwww...... It's Just Money : 10 26 2022

 
     What, no pig-iron??  In fact, except for the 18" x 30" door mat in the road a block before I finished, all I saw was money.  Everybody together....awwwwww.  Ha! I was running early and it didn't start getting light until the last 10 min or so but I was well lit including a "headlight" for my ball cap.  So I could pretty much see the curb line and where I was running and that's all the 'stuff' that I saw, or rather that's all that found me.  I 'hit for the cycle' again and I'm mystified by how the change shows up, but it's no huge surprise.  Just another example of how amazingly blessed I am.  

     It was train day today.  I have to cross the RR tracks four times on this route and I met the train on three passes.  The 1st time, on Davis Blvd I got there just as the train was passing so really no chance to 'help it across.'  Passing that same spot on the way back the train stopped at the Smithfield station which gave me plenty of time.  Time to step into the road and stop the already stopped cars on both sides.  Then, to direct the train 'safely' through the intersection which it was going to do anyway.  And then send the cars back along Davis which they were also going to do anyway.  It was still really dark out so I couldn't see inside any of the vehicles to see if anybody got the humor, but I was wearing two flashing lights and a light on my hat so I'm pretty sure they saw me.  The last crossing was on Holiday Ln and wouldn't you know, just as I was approaching, the crossing arms start down.  This time it went the same way but I could see smiles and thumbs up from the people waiting.  We all have to wait there, why not have a little fun while we're at it?  And those smiles most certainly multiply.

2 comments:

  1. I don’t usually see just money in your cache!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Not so much wear and tear on the pockets today. There are days though when I think I'm getting some weight training in as well with some of the heavy stuff I find.

      Delete

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers