Followers

Monday, October 24, 2022

BACK SAFE! : 10 22 2022

     Last run in Liberty Hill, and just as I'm never sure what I'll find on a run, I'm never sure sometimes what route I'll end up running and today was a bad day to get lost.  We had an 11am checkout time where we were staying and although I had plenty of time for a short run of 4-6 miles, 8-plus was definitely NOT the the plan on a travel day.  And to look out on the return part of the route and see totally new landscape around you was bad.  And worse, once I finally got to where there was some familiar landmarks, I realized I was WAY off course and had no option but to keep going.  And 2-3 miles of it was uphill on a road with a very uneven shoulder (where there was one).  Crapola!!!  I ended up doing a good 10K pace, especially on the uphill parts instead of a lookin-around-pace but again, that was not the plan.  Fortunately I hadn't picked up a lot of heavy 'pig-iron' to lug around, and the last half I was really selective on what I slowed to pick up,with just that trick-or-treat bag and a penny in the asphalt.  

     There were a lot of the usual suspects today and for some reason I kept finding nickels along the should of the road, five of them eventually.  I would have 'hit for the cycle' but for a missing quarter which I saw three times on yesterday's run.  Go figure.  Anyway, for 5 nickels, two dimes, and 3 pennies I say thank you Creator of all things for these little symbols of Your infinite abundance, also for helping me to get back in the nick of time and in one piece!  I found a Stripes card too and I had never seen one before, seems it's a re-loadable gift card for their convenience stores.  It says on the site that you load your cash on their card, and then you can use the card at their stores for gas & etc.  Unless it's a gift from someone else wouldn't it be easier to just spend the cash instead of loading the card and then spending it?  The site says "TREAT THE CARD AS CASH" (their emphasis) and they won't refund your money once your load the card.  That's a great racket if you're the card issuer.  There was a very useful combination Master Lock along the curbline, which was open so what's on it might be the right combination.  Otherwise there's 9,999 other combinations to check.  I found a Stainless Steel Quick-Link and although I use these with our car hitch, these are great to join sections of loose chain.  That Walmart Happy Halloweiner bag still had the $1.74 price tag on it.  Thankfully it was made in Vietnam instead of the expected China, Wally World seems to love China.  There ware a couple of keys which I won't keep (you're welcome honey!), one a house key and the smaller one could be a padlock or most anything I guess.  There was another Quality Inns room key card and since I see so many of these lying around I have to wonder now if they're just supposed to be thrown away instead of returned.  In that case, Zippy, you missed the trash can by a mile!  Again, for 5 nickels, two dimes and 3 pennies, and also for getting me back safely, thank you Creator of All Things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers