Followers

Monday, October 24, 2022

Well Hush My Mouth! : 10 23 2022


     Back to the house, first run and I'm picking up (pun intended) right where I left off.  I 'hit for the extended cycle' (penny,nickel,dime,quarter,socket,lug-nut), found a screwdriver attachment, microfiber towel, a couple of hats, and assorted pig-iron.  Go figure.  One of the beat up hats was of the $20 new and "I'll give you two bucks to take it" used variety.  Founder Hamilton Carhartt launched the brand back in 1889 so it appears he left a legacy.  Wonder who's running the store now?  The other hat was lost by Darryl Flood who offers relocation services.   You know, the pick you up and move your stuff kind, and to pretty much anywhere.  Good for you Darryl.  I would have expected to have seen that hat in the area south of Waco that we just returned from actually.  They're building new subdivisions everywhere, especially along Ron Reagan Frwy.   That round thing at the upper right I had no clue about but I picked it up because I was curious.  And once again 'Da Googles' comes through, it's a $40 steering wheel cap for a Minneapolis Moline or an Allis Chalmers tractor.  Well hush my mouth and call me Stinky!  I had no idea.  Well, that's a proud new addition to the line of fine farm equipment at The 'Rundover' Store.  Ha!

    The timing was perfect as I passed the RR crossing on Rufe Snow today.  I had just passed when the "ding ding ding.." started and the crossing arms start down.  Which gave me plenty of time to look and see where it was, and to step out in the road, stop the already stopped cars, and wave the oncoming train safely through the intersection which it was going to do anyway.  And everybody in the first 3 or 4 rows of cars that could see this silliness honked, or waved or gave me a thumbs up.  I love it when people 'get it.'  And I think with all the meanness we hear about, it's nice to have something lighthearted to counterbalance it.  Moving on, there was a plastic clip with a hook and it has an 11 on the other side so a size 11 'something' was hanging on it.  The first 3 or 4 things I picked up were beat up quarters in the road (and I couldn't buy a quarter yesterday), 4 in all today.  There was a beat up nickel and dime and 4 &1/2 pennies.  I guess you could leave the half penny as a tip someplace where the service was really bad.  Actually, no, no sense adding to the bad karma on that one.  We'll just say thank you Creator of All for part of a shiny penny and the symbol of your infinite abundance  And sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers