Followers

Sunday, October 16, 2022

BIT-ZILLA : 10 15 2022

 

     I'm running in Marble Falls for the next few days, and all the shiny pennies, lug-nuts and assorted pig iron must have gotten the memo because they were already here.  First, that's one ginormous masonry bit that I found on the curb line.  It's not something that will fit in my pocket or in the running belt so it got stashed in the grass to retrieve when I was done.   I keep finding oversized stuff in the road on this trip, there's been huge washers, there was Bolt-zilla on the 11th, and now, it's cousin Bit-zilla.  I can't wait for the Japanese sci-fi monster movie to come out: Bolt-zilla vs Bit-zilla, the fate of the Earth hangs in the balance!!  There were a couple more s-hooks today and I may keep the small one with penny "extraction tools" (small screwdriver and a sheet-rock nail) to get things like sockets out of the asphalt. 

     Four lug-nuts in the road today tells me they're not using a lug wrench to tighten those bolts here either.  Lots of washers out there and you'd think there would be a bolt for each of them somewhere.  There were a couple of very long skinny machine screws that kind of look familiar but I'm not placing them.  And, since 'Da Googles' was busy it's a mystery what they do.  I missed 'hitting for the cycle' today, once again it was that elusive nickel.  But, I'm always thankful for that first shiny penny, so the rest is just icing on the cake.  Lastly, thank you Creator of all things for the really nice morning, for the wherewithal to go out there and get at it, and for all the little symbols of Your infinite abundance.  Yeayuh (yes, all three syllables!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers