Followers

Tuesday, October 18, 2022

THANKS MOM! : 10 16 2022

     Second run in Marble Falls TX and even though I had run most of this route yesterday, there were still three quarters, 4 nickels and six pennies that found me.  Missed the dime to have 'hit for the extended cycle'  (penny,nickel,dime,quarter,socket,lug-nut) but I'm pretty sure it was there and I somehow missed it.  Wouldn't be the first time.  There were 3 more lug-nuts out there today, and all told, if lug-nuts were dollars, I'd be a hundred-aire several times over by now.   There was another credit card in the street today, a Visa Debit from Wells Fargo.  Although their people are very nice on the phone when you call, it's pretty much worthless trying to get any help from them reporting a lost card, they just suggest that I look up a Wells Fargo location and then drive all the way over there to give them their card back-- another reason I stay with my Credit Union.  There was a strap and hook at the upper left that I passed by yesterday which didn't 'make the pocket' then, but somehow seemed more interesting today and here it is.  There was a music CD, by a British group named Dirty Vegas, and after checking out a track (Days Go By) I think these guys might be kinda interesting.  We'll see.  The little pink ball in the middle of the CD, well, Pepto Bismal pink, how could I miss it?  There was a hotel room key card and I love the instructions on these, especially "ensure to close door behind you." I keep forgetting that one and someone ends up stealing all my bath towels.  Two more sockets were on the ground, the dark 11/32" one was a tough spot in the dirt, but I did a 180 and went back to look.  The other one was an 8mm, a change from the 10s and 13s I usually run across.  It was a nice morning to run, blue skies, cool breeze, and I even had an encouraging shout out from somebody who had a mic and speaker in their vehicle.  You don't see that very often.  I just got a flashback to some of my high school track meets where my mom would be in the bleachers yelling "run you turkey, run!"  Ha!  Thanks mom!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers