Followers

Friday, October 14, 2022

GO BULLDOGS! : 10 14 2022

 

      Last day at Mother Neff State Park, ran in McGregor again, and I have to give a shout out to McGregor High School and the really cool mural on a building in town.  It had their football field, their band and students, a really big McGregor Bulldog mascot, a huge can of Bulldog food, and the listed ingredients were their opponents, and the dates and where they played them.  (see above)   I love it!!  Go Bulldogs!!  

     I ran most of the same route I ran on Tuesday in McGregor but since we were packing up to travel I cut it a little short.  I still found all kinds of interesting stuff in the street and surrounding areas, like a center cap for a tire on a Ford F250 pick'em up truck anywhere from 2005-2016.  I found that right off the bat and stashed it along a drainage ditch to pick up (pun intended) at the end of my run.  I found a change purse at another gas station air pump but fortunately there wasn't a credit card or anything important in it (unlike Wed's run).  At a car wash I passed I saw another microfiber towel and that will get added to the shop-towel group in the 'Rundover' Store.  There weren't any lug-nuts today but there was a very large, shiny, lug-nut cover.  There were a couple of pens out there, one from the Rocket Federal Credit Union, the other was from the Holland America Line.  Thank you both for the gift.  There was a little person sock, just one, so somebody has a bare foot.  There was a lot of change out there today and 4 of the pennies I had to dig out of the asphalt, I always love the challenge.  With 5 quarters, 3 nickels, a dime, and 12 pennies found today I definitely hit for the cycle (penny,nickel,dime,quarter).  There were a number of coins that I'm sure I already ran past at least once this week but didn't see until today including all the pennies stuck in the asphalt.  It's interesting how your view and what you see changes depending upon time of day, what the traffic's doing , and where you just happened to be looking.  Anyway, thank you Creator of all things for all these little symbols of Your infinite abundance. Yeayuh!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers