Followers

Friday, October 21, 2022

Running With Sharp Objects : 10 20 1022


    Another first!  Yes, that is Benjamin Franklin and he was face up on the shoulder of the road in Liberty Hill TX. I ran in much bigger Georgetown yesterday and expected I'd probably go back somewhere over there instead of smaller brother Liberty Hill.  Little did I know (see Karen Eiffel-'Stranger Than Fiction') that my 1st 100 dollar bill would be waiting along the road there.  And, lots of things had to be just right to have found it, I had to be on that stretch of road, the bill had to be where I could see it, I had to be looking that way, and hopefully it hadn't blown away before I got there.  I did find a prop $100 bill once and didn't look close at it to see it was fake until I got to the house.  Felt better that some delivery guy or etc didn't lose a real one.  About today's bill, there's no way to know where it came from and if you ask, who's not going to say, "sure, I lost that hundred".  Ok then, getting back to the normal stuff, there was a yellow ping pong ball that 'Da Googles' says is from a Prince Classic 4-Player Set.  Now ya know.  There was a little baby bungee cord, they're so cute at that age.  There were two wrenches today, a 1/2" and a combo 8mm -- 10mm, and I guess they and the punch to the left can join the 'Rundover' Store's tool section.  Everything for your puttering around the house needs.  There was a giant hook with a ring for a strap that I almost left there (it's OK honey, do the internationally famous eye-roll thing...) as it just had one little kink to straighten out.  That may explain why a lot of this stuff gets picked up, I like to fix things, it's the challenge I suppose.  I expect my honey would appreciate me being a little less challenged though. 

     The knife I found at an intersection about a mile from finishing up and I tried to get the blade to close, with no success.  So, (no pocket of course) I did my best to hold it in a hand keeping it out of sight.  There's just something off about waving back at someone who waved you thru a street crossing when you have a knife in your hand.  That small circuit board at the top isn't good for anything, I just grabbed it as a symbol of how there's electronics everywhere and that everything just gets smaller all the time.  There were coins throughout the route today, 3 quarters, 2 nickels, 3 dimes, and 15 pennies and the last few pennies I had to extract from the asphalt.  Fortunately I had just found this really BIG extraction tool to dig them out.  Ha!  So, I 'hit for the cycle' twice over today (penny,nickel,dime,quarter)-- woo and hoo!  At some point I'm going to have to think of a good use for all these little road treasures.  Maybe they'll go toward a new pair of running shoes, they only last 2 or 3 months until it's time for new ones.  Despite finding change every day, it's not any kind of money making activity when you consider the cost of running shoes, the wear and tear on me, and the cost of the daily nutrition stuff to allow me to get out and get at it.  The Access Fat Burning Powder, the branch chain amino acids, and Sustain Sports drink I use daily aren't hugely expensive but offset whatever I coinage I might find, even Benjamins included.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers