Followers

Thursday, October 20, 2022

SNUG YOUR LUG! : 10 19 2022

 

     New day, new town, new route, same result.   Tools, lug-nuts, coins, pig-iron, some things never change it seems.  Running around in Georgetown today, and right off the bat we have tools.  First there was a $25.00 pair of channel lock pliers in the dirt at an intersection.   I guess I have to ask, why call them channel lock?  Well, according to 'Da Googles' they were named after Chanellock, the American company that produced them. You probably don't have to remember that, I doubt if it's on the mid-term.  There was another Allen wrench today (thank you Allen) as well as another star-bit adapter for a drill, both I can find a use for.  Ok now, there were 5 more lug-nuts in the road on today's run and 3 still had the lug attached.  The lugs were loose and could be unscrewed which leads me to believe that somebody never tightened them down.  Whuhuoy!!  Three take-aways for today: put your credit cards back in your wallet when you're done stimulating the economy, don't put ANYTHING on the roof of the car, and for cryin-out-loud 'Snug Your Lug!'

     The hexagonal shaped metal thing below the lug-nuts has L.E. 10.9 stamped on it and I wanted to see what it was, but 'Da Googles' couldn't pin it down.  Oh well.  Next, that small purple ball above the Allen wrench, best guess, held a Pokemon 2021 Galarian Ponya Bandai action figure.  As my honey says, "whatever melts your butter."  Moving to the left there's two purple tire air valve stem caps and I guess if you're going to go purple you might as well go all the way.  The feather I had to pick up because my Honey likes them, and I just have to not mangle them before I get back.  Seven quarters, four dimes, nine pennies, and what I hoped was a nickel (to 'hit for the extended cycle') were scattered about.  Sadly the nickel was really a slug so no 'cycle', but still it makes me laugh to think of how all those little treasures happened to find me (again!).  Thank you Creator once more for a nice day, the wherewithal to go get at it, and for all these little symbols of Your infinite abundance.  Oh yeayuh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers