Followers

Monday, October 31, 2022

Schmidtlapper? : 10 30 2022


      Something new for the 'Rundover' Store's collection of Harley-Davidson accessories, it' a HARLEY-DAVIDSON New Era 59/50 Embroidered Logo Fitted Hat. Only $45 on the H-D site, but make us an offer.  Operators are sitting by.  I'm guessing the Statewide Safety Systems hat won't have quite the same draw though.  The steel ruler in the center of all this is not a new find.  I saw it 6 or 8 weeks ago and set it on the median to hopefully pick up on the return leg of the run.  Missed it that day, and thought to come back in the car after the next two runs on that route, but it didn't happen.  Then we were gone for a couple of weeks, but on today's run it was still sitting in the median of the road patiently waiting for me.  So I decided to run the last few miles carrying the 3' metal ruler and hopefully not looking like I was leading the band with it.  Ok, I've found a zillion, or more accurately, half a zillion work gloves but who knows, maybe I would need to Maxi-Flex today and what if I couldn't put my hands on (or in) a pair of these babies??  What a travesty that would be,  Yikes!  

     27 pennies, 12 dimes, 3 nickels, and 2 quarters out there today so I did 'hit for the cycle' and in the dirt at curb-side, trying to blend in,  I saw a socket to go toward the 'extended cycle'.   I saw a lug-nut embedded in the road early on to complete 'the cycle' and was really hoping I wouldn't have to go back there and dig it out--you know, it's the principle of the thing, and then there's all those cars driving over it.  But there was one out in the middle of an intersection, just a shining in the sun waiting for me so yes, we 'hit for the extended cycle.'  There's been so many time I've missed getting all four coins on a run, I've wondered if that should also have a name, something like a 'Three Fingered Pete', 'Two Toe'd Schmidtlapper ', or a One Eyed Willie?  Nah, guess not.  But Schmidtlapper or not, thanks Creator of all things for all these little symbols of Your infinite abundance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers