Followers

Friday, October 14, 2022

So, No Pudding? : 10 13 2022

 

     A different route and city today, I thought I'd explore Moody TX which is kind of a hiccup on the map.  It was mostly residential with a number of businesses and it had once been a lot more active, but now has as many shuttered stores as not.  I parked next to the only gas station for miles and ran both the business and residential streets.  Although there were cars going by there just wasn't the wash of pig-iron I see elsewhere from cars slowly falling apart in the road.  I knew there'd have to be a shiny penny waiting for me somewhere and it eventually showed up, stuck in the asphalt in the middle of the road (the tar side is up in the picture).  I always love finding those, first as it's a challenge to get out, and 2nd as a thumb-your-nose kind of thing--other people might have seen it first but I was the one who knew what to do about it. There were a couple of other near misses, like the car wash token that looked like a quarter from a distance, and the plug from an electrical box that looked like a nickel.   But that really shiny penny was at a RR crossing right by the tracks, impossible to miss.  Maybe too insignificant for a lot of people to bend over to pick up, but me, I see it as one more symbol of the Creator of All Things' infinite abundance.  You have to appreciate the little stuff if you're going to really appreciate the big stuff too.  Rounding things out, there was a purple pencil I found in the road outside the Moody Elementary School, and a pick tool that I think is used with a snap ring like the one I found yesterday.  Running around the railroad crossings I found several cousins of "Bolt-zilla" that I wrote about yesterday.  I think it's safe to say that these giant bolts hold the RR ties down, although the one yesterday wasn't near any tracks. But I did leave the 3 or 4 that I saw today just where they were, that should be worth an extra cookie and pudding, right honey? (really babe, still I get the 'internationally famous' eye-roll?)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers