Followers

Thursday, October 13, 2022

Over and Over and Over Again : 10 12 2022

      


     We're still at Mother Neff State Park, I  decided to run in McGregor again today and picked a different route from Tues.  Found another credit card inside a small wallet at the air pump of a gas station today.  I really expected I'd reach the owner, but finally gave up and called Bank of America and reported it.  The little Victoria's Secret wallet it was in goes for $12 used so I guess we have a new addition to the 'Rundover' Store's collection of 'fine' women's accessories. Operators are sitting by.   

     What you see here today and every day is representative of what's out there everywhere I go.  Yesterday it was McGregor, before that Robinson, before that North Richland Hills, before that Keller, before that Ft Worth, and on and on and on. I can expect there'll be pennies, tools, lug-nuts, sockets, credit cards, phones, and lots and lots of bolts and assorted pig-iron that's fallen off somebody's vehicle,  hence the title, "OneMoreNutInTheRoad."  Since we'll be traveling it will be interesting to see if there's any patterns to what I find in one town compared to another.  I'll let you know.  Anyway, it seems the pig-iron in McGregor is definitely larger than most places, as you can see by the ginormous NutinTheRoad at the upper right and Bolt-zilla yesterday.  There were 3 more lug-nuts today so it appears people out here don't snug them down any better than anywhere else I've run.  I see snap rings out there but haven't thought to include them so here's the first one.  To the right of that is again something different, I think it's some kind of schmancy hitch clip.  There was another engine coolant cap in the road so I'm guessing somebody's going to be needing to add coolant/antifreeze sometime soon.  The heart shaped glass jar was at the curb-line and had that little bear and the lip balm inside it.  I think it's some kind of artsy favor bottle, and 'Da Googles' thought so too.  
     There was the usual smattering of change out there and there were two pennies and a nickel stuck in the asphalt.  Which was nice, I love a little challenge and prying them out of the road, when the traffic cleared, was that.  I did 'hit for the cycle' today (penny,nickel,dime,quarter) but I almost didn't see the quarter on the ground as I passed a gas station.  I had stopped a sec to say howdy to the UPS guy gassing up that big ol brown 'oven on wheels' he drives and I had started back out when it occurred to me that in a small town like this he might recognize the name on the credit card I found (to help return it).  So I doubled back and asked the question and spotted the quarter that I'm sure I had probably already stepped on. So, it does pay to try to do a good deed, in this case a whole 25 cents!  In addition there were 3 dimes, two nickels, and six pennies which isn't going to buy much, but it's the idea of all these little treasures out there finding me. Over and over and over again.  So thank you Creator of all things for all these little symbols of Your infinite abundance.  Over and over and over again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers