Followers

Monday, October 24, 2022

SOAKED IS SOAKED : 10 24 2022


   

   It was raining hard and had been for a while.  This was one of those run in the rain days where if I was thinking ahead and had taken a bar of soap with me I could have worked out and showered at the same time.  It was the kind of downpour that when I got sprayed by a pickum-up truck that's hugging the edge of the road, I couldn't get any wetter.  I mean, soaked is soaked.  And no complaints here, it really was fun splashing around out there.  And you get a little more of a workout because your clothes and especially your shoes weigh more because they're so wet.  Everybody seemed especially friendly today, they wave you past them at driveways, and I have to wonder if they're giving me a "well bless his heart."  This was a route I'd run before, both times it was because I had an early dentist appointment (shout out to Dr Wong) and I thought I'd wait and run afterward.  There were lots of little treasures awaiting today, little surprises from start to finish.   That little squeezy guy at the top left is a 4" Big Eye Squish Confetti Stress Relief Ball, just the thing for anyone that drives the Dallas North Tollway.   The Toyota emblem on the right is a Center Hub Cap from a 2016 Highlander---how does 'Da Googles' know all this??  Above that is an Omcan 8 oz red pebbled Tumbler, probably run you a buck apiece.  The radiator cap at bottom right is usable and can keep all those gas caps I've found company in the automotive tub in the 'Rundover' Store.  Lots of NutsInTheRoad, ten plus two lug-nuts, picked up by, yes, OneMoreNutInTheRoad.  Yeah, yeah.  Moving on, there was another CATV F-type terminator cap plus an RG6 coax cable connector, which might come in handy, someday assuming it doesn't get lost between then and now.  There was one quarter, three dimes, seven nickels, and twenty pennies out there in the rain today, so it really doesn't matter.  Rain or shine the shiny pennies will still find me.  Lastly, thank you Creator of  All Things for the wherewithal to go splash around in the streets, sidewalks, medians, and curb lines today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers