Followers

Monday, November 14, 2022

GOOD JOB! : 11 13 2022

 

     You've heard of Johnny Appleseed, the pioneer nurseryman who introduced apple trees to large parts of American in the early 1800s?  Seems he has a modern-day cousin, Douglass Drillbit Driver.  Last Thursday I found 70 star, Phillips head, impact, whatever, bits in the road and today I see that Douglass has again planted 40 more along the curb on 1709 right in front of a McDonalds.  There's 39 in the picture and I pulled one more out of the dryer when I took the running clothes out. In fact, Doug even left 4 drill bits there as well.  Sheesh!  I'm definitely going to have to enlarge the tool wing of The 'Rundover' Store.   I found, on the median, out there between 8 lanes of traffic, another baby's 'bippy' or pacifier.  It had a clip on it to keep it attached to the baby (or let's hope, the baby's clothing) and I guess whoever took little junior for that stroll forgot to clip it.  If I was that kid and my parent was crossing 8 lanes of 1709 where the bippy ended up, I'd be spitting the bit too!  I see very expensive therapy in that kid's future. 

     I found an Under Armour ball cap and it makes me wonder.  Why would I want to pay $10-$15 for an Under Armour hat so I could advertise for them for free.  You'd think they would at least give you the hat.  There was another hotel room access key-card but it might be for one of those Ninja hotels, there's no identifier what hotel it goes to.  Sounds very hush hush.  And, my favorite, I 'hit for the extended cycle', twice even!  I found a socket and a socket extension, two lug-nut/lug-bolts, in addition to 3 quarters, 4 nickels, 9 dimes, and 19 pennies.  Thank you to all of those kind people who took it to heart when I've asked for people to roll down the car windows and pitch your change outside so I'd have something to find.  Good job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers