Followers

Monday, November 14, 2022

TRAIN x 2 : 11 12 2022

 

        All that whining about the heat this summer turns into "are 5 layers enough, is 7 too many?"  Settled on 6 and was glad for the cowl and the ski hat.  Starting off on the bottom, it appears that "KC" lost their car key as 'Da Googles' says it's a transponder key for a Ford model year from 2000-2020.  Since it's a blue KC tag I don't suppose they're a Chiefs fan, but if so, I don't expect they'll be driving their 2002 Thunderbird to the game.  There was another hitch pin minus the little cotter pin that goes in the bottom.  I'm guessing it's probably for a small trailer, maybe for one of the grass cutting guys.  Moving on, although it was Saturday, I didn't run the usual Saturday route, I had a business conference and needed to get out and back a little quicker.  Which was a good thing because directing traffic at the RR crossing twice did use up a few minutes.  But everybody got it today!!  I step into the road after the crossing arms come down, stop the already stopped cars, keep them already stopped and direct the commuter train through the crossing, which it's going to do anyway, and then let all the traffic know that it's ok to continue onward, which they probably figured out already because the crossing arms went back up.  Everybody smiled, waved, honked, or gave a thumbs up.  Now isn't that better than everybody just sitting there being steamed because they were stuck at the crossing?  I've wondered also what the people on the commuter trains think about the guy outside doing all this silly stuff at the crossing.  Probably happens too fast for them to even notice.   There was a really large 'Dumbo' feather today which my honey will get (they make her smile).  There was another pipe fitting and I'm guessing it's for a ceiling fan.  OK, 'Da Googles' guesses it's for a ceiling fan. That wire cap I found does tend to come in handy.  I have a bunch of them somewhere in the garage but it's faster sometimes to do a quick look through the found-in-the-road stuff.   No 'hitting for the cycle' today, I was missing the dime but as usual I'm appreciative of all those little symbols of the Creator's infinite abundance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers