Followers

Monday, November 21, 2022

Robber Ski Hat? Seriously? : 11 21 2022

 

     I thought that might be a Ninja ski hat, it pulls down so that all you see are the eyes. I had 'Da Googles' look it up and it's listed as a "Vintage Knit Ski Mask 1 Hole Snow Hat Robber Unisex Navy Blue."  I get the unisex ski mask part but Robber?  Seriously?  They're going to advertise it as a "Robber" hat?  I suppose if you're stupid enough to be taking what's not yours, you'd probably need someone to tell you what kind of hat that Robbers wear.  Sheesh!  Ok, now since it's dark blue instead of black, and from what I hear ninjas always wear black, it's not one of theirs, end of discussion.  I haven't run the better part of this route in a while so I figured there'd be all kinds of car "droppings" out there today, and there were.  It looks like it was engine bolt day. This is supposed to be a OneMoreNutInTheRoad blog but there almost weren't any NutsInTheRoad until nearly the end. Lucky thing for me a few finally turned up though, if I have to call this something else like One-More-Lock-Washer-In-The-Road, that's just not going to cut it. 
      That was kind of a schmancy Allen wrench I found this morning.  It had a special little sleeve to it, so it's probably the deluxe version, made for easy Allening.  There were 2 sockets, one a very shiny 11mm which I don't have many of.  The other was a Kobalt 5/8" and for some reason instead of etching the size on, the label is stamped on and it's really hard to read most of the time.  If I'm going to be gifted with sockets, I'm thinking that they better be easy to read or else I'll.......or else, or else I'll just shut up and say thank you for the gift.  Moving on, I found a Gorilla Guard wheel lock key (thank you to 'Da Googles') that somebody will wonder about next time they have to replace a tire.  I see why people have those, if you've got some really pricey tires and rims it makes sense to make it hard for the knuckleheads of the world to steal them.  What's that saying, Karma is a *****?  Nuff said.  Now that L-shaped thing at the lower right is a mystery, 'Da Googles' didn't have a clue either.  There was a 3" pencil labeled Dynamic Discs and slowly the light bulb came on.  It's a scorecard sized pencil and it's for disk golf, ooohhhh.  I was thinking it had something to do with CDs--Ha!  I found another hitch pin, probably to a flatbed trailer.  There's lawn guys everywhere and they all are pulling a flatbed trailer.  I guess if I had been able to spot a nickel today I'd have 'hit for the extended cycle' but somehow I missed it.  A lot of days when I'm short one thing for the 'cycle', the run might get a little longer and I'll explore some places I might not normally look, like maybe a long median from the main road to a side street.  Or I'll think 'just another half mile'.  Funny, there was a time (years ago) when I might have been trying to rationalize how to maybe pack it in a little early.  Now I'm looking for places to extended it--go figure.  Anyway, a quarter, a dime, and six pennies on a route that I had no major expectations for.  Eight little blessing that, as always, I'm grateful for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers