Followers

Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Trains and Trains and Trains : 11 23 2022

    How does an unexpired Texas DMV windshield sticker end up in the grass along the road?  It's still good for 7 more months too, so where's the vehicle it was stuck to?  The answer to that is probably way above my pay grade.  So, moving on, I had promised to sing at a memorial service this morning so to make sure I got there early I cut a mile or so off the run, meaning fewer places to look.  Meaning fewer chances to find those shiny pennies on a route that tends to be a bit stingy as well.  Still, three pennies and a shiny quarter managed to find me, nothing to sneeze at I'm thinking.  I didn't end up running where I thought I'd be going today and again, some of the twists and turns are where traffic allowed.  Which took me past the railroad tracks 4 times and wouldn't you know it, there was a train to help out 3 times.  First time was passing the Smithfield Station crossing and I did have to wait for a minute for the passengers to finish boarding and the train to pull out.  But fortunately for them, I was there to step into the street, stop the already stopped cars, keep them already stopped while directing the train across the road, which it was going to do anyway.  And lastly, direct the cars back on their way, which they were going to do anyway.  Ha!  Silly? Yes!  Fun was had by all?  Yes!  I got honks, waves and even a thumbs up from the engineer.  Ya gotta love it.  By the time I had gotten to Main & Davis the train was coming through from the other direction and so I repeated the process over on Davis.  On the North side the cars are set back a long way from the tracks so I'm not sure how many of them actually saw OneMoreNutInTheRoad up by the tracks waving his arms at trains and traffic.  The last crossing was just west of Smithfield Station and I heard the noise of the train leaving so I had a chance to pick the busier side of the tracks and wait a sec for the bell to sound and the crossing arms to come down.  You know, it works so much better when you're close up.  Again I get honkin and wavin and smilin and thumbin upin.  And maybe somebody got to work with a smile that they could share with someone else.  They really do multiply.  So lastly, thank you Creator of all things for those 4 little symbols of your infinite abundance and thank you for having gotten delayed 3 times at the RR crossings.   (BTW, we sang like birds at the service!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers