Followers

Saturday, December 31, 2022

ALWAYS A PLUS : 12 31 2022

 

 
         Last run for 2022 and as I look back at some of the pictures of all this crazy stuff, it seems like it's kind of snowballing.  Where there might have been a couple of pennies, a socket, lug-nut and a little pig-iron, now there's change everywhere, tools, cell phones, credit cards, rubber duckies, you name it.  My reputation seems to have spread in the junk-in-the-road world.  Makes me laugh! (look-out Fred Sandford!)  Seems we've kind of settled in at mid 40s in the morning now which is OK running weather.  I didn't find too much out there to weigh me down today, a couple of large lug nuts were about the worst of it.  There was another small wrench, the kind that you get when you order some put-it-together-yourself furniture so Santa delivered some furnishings. For a while I was finding a lot of tennis balls on this route but today's is the 1st one in quite a while.  I thought that 8" candy cane was real at first even though it was out along the center median.  Alas no treats, it's very hard plastic.  And I'm sure I will be finding discarded Christmas stuff strewn about for the next couple of months.  People....pick up your stuff!  I need to find out who to send the bill to for all this stuff-in-the-road cleanup you know!  I found a corner of one of those build your credit credit-cards and fortunately for them, the rest of it was nowhere in sight so they're probably safe. There was a What?-a-burger gift card today and maybe I'll just use that one after I get my $5 worth of beauty from the $5 ULTA Beauty card I found yesterday.  Now that one long machine screw next to the candy cane I took because I was curious.   I questioned 'Da Googles' who had no idea either, maybe for a chainsaw?  The skinny top looked like it would fit in a slot on something which is handy as you wouldn't need a wrench on that end.  Whatever.  There was a dime, four pennies and a quarter today so no 'hitting for the cycle' but I bet there will be 5 nickels tomorrow, that's usually how this works.  Lastly, thank you Creator of all things not only for those little treasures, but for being able to get out there and get at it every day, for all the nice people I've met or said hello to, for all the usable stuff I've found, for all the really unusable stuff that I WILL RECYCLE in 2023.....really honey, we're going to move it on......what....no internationally famous eye-roll? Cool!   Where was I, RECYCLE in 2023, and thank you to all the nice people driving around out there that didn't run me over.  Always a plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers