Followers

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

AUTO WHIFF : 12 25 2022

     Happy Christmas!  I expected traffic would be light which it was, and there were few other people out in the cold besides me and the other two lunatics who were also out running.  I had run past an outside bank teller drive-up and in the driveway was a pretty nice North Face glove.  I didn't take it with, but placed where hopefully whoever lost it would see it next time they did their mobile banking.  On down the street I did pick up the $30 Nike 'Therma' men's gloves as there was no owner in sight.  Now, I see a lot of air fresheners, you know, the ones that dangle on your rear view mirror and most of them I'll leave on the ground.  You have to admit though, an air freshener that's called 'Dark Ice Auto Whiff' has got to get a look (or a sniff!)  'Da Googles' tells me they sell these 36 to a case for $16.50 and they smell reminiscent of men's cologne.  It would be fun if they had an Old Spice one, it would remind me of my dad.  Wonder when the 'auto whiff' stuff starts?  You gotta love those marketing people.  There wasn't much in the way of pig-iron in the road today and I'm thinking that fewer cars means fewer things falling off the fewer cars.  But I did manage to' hit for the cycle' today, with 2 quarters, 12 dimes, a nickel, and 35 pennies that were all waiting out there for me.  Lots of little blessings.  And since the few gas stations I passed that were open usually had no customers then, I popped my head in the door and wished them a Merry Christmas and most of them recognized me and I got a smile and a Merry Christmas back.  There were even a few honks and a wave as people drove by this morning.  That's my expectation when I hit the streets every day and that's usually what I see.  And that's the kind of thing that multiplies.  That's another shiny penny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers