Followers

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Probably Not Me : 12 26 2022

 

       Cold morning, brand new route, and there were a lot of familiar 'visitors' out there.  First there was another perfectly good auto registration sticker, this one with a whole week left on it.  How wasteful it that, and besides  they only got 358/365 of their money's worth out of it.  Like yesterday, there was an interesting air freshener out there.  I took the wrapper off so it was easier to read the "does it smell good in here or is it just me" message, but it had gotten wet so I couldn't tell how good "me" smells. Probably not like me after running. There were a couple of Panera Bread gift cards which interestingly enough I found in a Sonic driveway.  That's a nail punch on the lower left and I've found a few of those before.  The Toyota wheel cover I'll admit that I stashed where I could come back and get it when I was finished running.  Holding something like that in your hands when it's this cold out isn't great for keeping your hands warm.  Two sockets today, a 7/16" and a 1/2" to help build another set.  S-hooks are always good for hanging something, not to mention on the end of a bungee cord.  The lug-nut reminds me that I need to get a plaque for the 'Lug-Nut Award' I keep threatening to make.  Which of course I'll forget after I get back until the next run when I find another lug-nut.  In the driveway in front of the Hobby Lobby I found another bank card, this one a Bank of America Visa debit card.  The name was very uncommon and I was able to go online and look up someone with that name locally, and called two different cell numbers, but could only leave a message.  Guess I'll drop it off at a B of A.    There were quite a few small blessings in the street again today, this time 2 dimes and 11 1/2 pennies.  For a while I had hopes of 'hitting for the extended cycle' (penny,nickel,dime,quarter,socket lug-nut) today but no worries.  Just being able to enjoy the crisp morning air and get out and stretch my legs was plenty for me.  And thank you Creator of all for the wherewithal to go get at it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers