Followers

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Can We Keep It? : 12 14 2022


      Although running in yesterday's rain was kind of an adventure, it was very nice not getting drowned out there today.  True to the blogs title, I kept finding OneMoreNutInTheRoad after another this morning, 12 in all counting the two lug nuts. I guess that makes up for almost no pig-iron to be found yesterday.    I ran across another pair of work gloves and 'Da Googles' ID'd them as Memphis Gloves' MCR Safety gee whiz nylon liner knit wrist God's gift to the work glove industry at only about 2 bucks a pair.  Good thing for me I didn't miss those.  I found another bungee cord today, it was so cute, it was just a little one, and it followed me home.  Really honey, it followed me home, can we keep it, can we keep it??  Whuhuoy, such an eye-roll! You'd best hope they don't freeze like that.  There were a few odds and ends, like the mechanical pencil at the top and the zipper pull on the right.  I can always use the pencil at least, but the zipper thing is more iffey, it may just be something to keep for the picture and then recycle.  There wasn't a lot of change to be had today.  The two pennies were tough to spot in the dirt along the curb and I'm thinking maybe yesterday's rain washed enough crud away that I could see them now.  The nickel was along the curb of a side street next to the gas station where I met Sergio.  He was just someone that you pass by and say hello to.  I found out he walks and runs a bit and he asked what I was using in the drink bottles I carry.  I usually have Sustain Sports drink in one and Amino Boost with branch chain amino acids in the other which is just a little extra edge for when I hit the streets.  So who knows, maybe we'll bump into each other some morning when we're both out for a workout.  Lots of friendly people out there this morning, the kind of folks that wave you across the driveway or intersection and give you smile and a thumbs up.  That's something I always love about running around here and something else to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers