Followers

Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Get Any Wetter? Yup! : 12 13 2022

 

     It was a regular cloudburst out there!  It was coming down so hard it was raining sideways and it would even keep changing direction too.  I was trying to hustle this morning, there was a tornado watch so I needed to get out, get the run done, and get back.  I heard the tornado sirens when I was running which I think means tornado warning but I was already half way through the route.  And it was coming down!!   I remember thinking to myself, "how could I possibly get any wetter?"  And of course it was too late then, you can't take back the thought, Mother Nature had been inadvertently challenged which meant I would find out that I could indeed get wetter.  Soaked right down to my drawers and then some, and add to that some moron in a truck that was way too close to the curb caught all that water and sent that my way too.  I really don't need any help getting wet thank you very much!  I didn't have any kind of high expectations about what I'd find today and I didn't see OneMoreNutInTheRoad or any pig-iron really except for that shiny washer.  Then there was the coinage.  Even with all the water everywhere, I still managed to 'hit for the cycle' (penny,nickel, dime,quarter), three times even.  I kind of figured when I found that penny right off the bat where a shopping center driveway hit Rufe Snow, that it was going to get interesting.  Well, a big thank you Creator of all things for all these little blessings, and more importantly for getting me out and back safely.  Yeayuh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers