Followers

Friday, December 30, 2022

Coming To A Street Near You! : 12 29 2022

 

     Changed my mind about the route to run at the last minute and I was glad I did.  I haven't run this route in about 6 weeks and you can see what kinds of treasures I would have missed out on. No, really honey, I wasn't serious I.......and again with the internationally famous eye-roll.  I think two sentences is a record for us. (Ha-Still love ya darlin!)   OK then, let's call it lots of oddball stuff at least.  I have found rubber snakes before that I can plant and then 'save' my honey from, and this polka dotted one is sure to earn me a 'smack to the back of the head.'  That was an OK bungee cord I found and I never noticed it before but this one says it's "not to be substituted as a primary tie down for load."   Sure.   What else would people use it for?  That pile of stuff blowing around on the highway isn't going to get there all by itself you know.  Next to the bungee is what 'Da Googles' says is part of a 'Metal Lugz Spike Lug Kit.'  Now why on God's green earth would anyone want (or need) spiky lug nuts?  To help their gas millage?  To help keep their tires balanced?  To compensate for their.......... well, let's not go there.  Moving left in the picture is an android phone USB cord and then a '$12 Carhartt Men's Knit Cuffed Adult Beanie One Size' (ya gotta love 'Da Googles').  I've found Carhartt stuff before and they're an American company so good for them.  Above that is a kid's holiday sock and I see they come with a belt, bear, elk, snowflake, stripes, or Santa designs which all scream Merry Christmas. (yawn)  There's really a lot of different kinds of stuff here which I'm not going to bore people with (anymore than usual) but I will mention the partial credit card in the middle is an Alaska Airlines Visa which is a long way from home.  And then of course there's the glove, this one is an 'Extra-flex' not to be confused with Ninja-flex, or Maxi-flex, or Super-flex, or 'I-Don't-Give-A-****-Flex.'  Flex, we get it. Lastly, (I think I heard a cheer) I 'hit for the cycle' today (penny,nickel,dime,quarter) and I seemed be to finding coins everywhere I looked.  The last quarter was in the middle of 5 lanes at an intersection and was pretty well stuck in some tar which took some doing to get out, as well as not getting run over.  It took 4 or 5 light changes to finally pry it out, but I do love a challenge.  I've been trying to change up the route when I can and I'll be looking for some new areas.  New headline---Coming to A Street Near You! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers