Followers

Saturday, December 17, 2022

EARWORM : 12 16 2022

 
     Today's 'treasures' are very different from what was out there yesterday, which was kind of minimalist.  Today it was back to 'business as usual' with sockets and tools and change and the like. Prior to me finding drill-bit drivers left and right it was Allen wrenches, and Allen left me another wrench today, very thoughtful of him.  There were 2 sockets today and of course one had to be a 10mm.  I bet that every other one I've found is a 10mm for some reason. There was another mechanical pencil and I can always put those to use.  There was also a pink florescent highlighter for those times when yellow and green just don't cut it.  I didn't see a bungee cord but I now have an S-hook ready for the next one I run across.  There was a really sweet 'I Love You Son' pendant for a keychain lying face down across a driveway which strikes me as kinda sad.  It's an unusual gift to give, and since I have an 'inquiring mind' I checked with 'Da Googles' .  And of course the logical place to find these is at The 'Purple Carrot' web site.  No, seriously, Purple Carrot.  It's where they have these kinds of things for Mom, Dad, the grandparents, and all our favorite people. I wonder what kind of stuff you can get at the Mauve Carrot?  So, we now have something to add to the "old sentimental softy" section of the 'Rundover' Store. Next, there was an intersecton where I have found skads of drill-driver bits.  The last time I ran through there it was clean but a driver bit and drill bit appeared out of the blue today.  Not going to ask how or why, but I will say thank-you!  Now, considering how few and far between the coins were yesterday, it more than made up for it today, and I easily 'hit for the cycle!' (penny,nickel,dime,quarter)   Most of the seven quarters were pretty beat up but that's what happens when they get driven over.  Nine dimes, four nickels, and twenty seven pennies....yowza!  That ranks right up there with what I find on the long Sunday runs even.  Well thank you Creator of all things for the blessings you share on days like today as well as the slim pickens ones.  You know, there was an actor you'd see in westerns years ago named Slim Pickens, who I remember seeing riding the H-bomb down from the bomber at the end of Dr Strangelove.  There's an earworm for your eyes!  (you're welcome!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers